Prom, Pageant, Special Occasion and Formal dresses are often sized differently than the clothes we wear everyday.
It is very important to take accurate measurements and then compare your measurements to the designer's size chart. Don't guess!
If you cannot be measured by a professional seamstress it is important that you follow these guidelines and have a friend take your measurements for you.
Keep in mind the size you order is completely up to you!. Please read the following instructions on how to measure accurately.
- Stand up straight with your arms relaxed down by your side
- If at all possible take your measurements in the undergarments you will wear with the dress
- Be sure the tape measure is snug but not tight when taking measurement
- Bust - Measure around the fullest part of the bustline with your arms down by your side. Make sure tape measure is straight across your back.
- Waist - Measure the natural waist usually the smallest part of the waist 2 inches above the belly button. Not necessarily where your jeans sit.
- Hips - Measure the fullest / widest part of the hips, including your backside. Keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.
- Length - Dress lengths are taken from the bottom of the clavicle hollow at the front of the neck to the bottom of the hem of the dress. Standard floor length is 58". Junior & Womens dresses are typically made to fit heights of 5'8" - 5'9".
If measurements fall between two sizes, consider the largest measurements of the body first. In most cases you should choose the size that includes the largest measurement that was taken.
It is always easier to alter the dress down than to let it out. Keep in mind that varying styles can fit differently even when made by the same designer. For example a Fit-n-Flare style will fit more snuggly on the hip than an A-Line Silhouette.
Don't get hung up on the numbers. Remember over 90% of customers need alterations of some type
to get that perfect fit. The size chart provided is the standard to how this company cuts their gowns. These gowns are not cut per each customers unique measurements.
Please email any questions regarding your measurements before you purchase.